The popular virtual reality rhythm game Beat Saber has rolled out its latest update, version 1.34.5, which brings a host of fixes and tweaks aimed at improving the overall gameplay experience. While this update does not introduce new music tracks or feature content, it addresses several issues across different platforms, ensuring a smoother and more enjoyable experience for players.
Beat Saber is a virtual reality rhythm game that was created by Slovak developers Ján Ilavský, Vladimír Hrinčár, and Peter Hrinčár, and it is distributed by the Czech company Beat Games. The game immerses players in various vibrant, neon-lit settings where they use glowing sabers to cut through blocks that correspond to the rhythm of the music. Initially released in early access in May 2018, the game saw its full release on May 21, 2019, for both PlayStation 4 and Windows. It is compatible with a wide range of virtual reality headsets, including the HTC Vive, Oculus Quest series, PlayStation VR, and Valve Index.
Key Additions and Tweaks
One of the notable additions in this update is the explicit lyrics toggle, allowing players to filter songs with explicit content according to their preferences. Additionally, the update has tweaked the save file loading process to prevent stutters on certain platforms, which should result in a more fluid gaming experience.
The update includes a variety of platform-specific fixes:
- For Meta Quest users, a new default audio latency setting has been added, and the Quest Cloud Backup will no longer incorrectly copy graphics settings and audio latency to other Meta Quest models, which could have previously led to poor performance.
- On the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, issues such as FPS drops, hanging, and leaderboard malfunctions when flicking through song difficulties have been addressed.
- Rift and Steam users will be relieved to find that the Level Editor no longer leaves players stuck on a loading screen when attempting to create a new Beatmap.
The update also resolves several general issues affecting all platforms:
- Filtering by Characteristics now functions correctly.
- Language changes no longer cause menu labels to remain in the previously selected language.
- Multiplayer menus have been fixed to prevent disappearing, which could leave the host user stuck.
- Placeholder text issues in the song selection screen have been corrected.
- The Queen Music Pack now properly deletes all scores when “Clear” is selected in Party mode.
- Users logged into an account that does not own a music pack can now remove favorited songs from that pack.
- An audio corruption issue in the Fall Out Music Pack has been fixed.
- All sound effects during gameplay, such as hits, misses, and bombs, now play with 3D spatialization.
Steam Users: Temporary Interruptions
Steam users should be aware that there might be temporary interruptions with Beat Saber music packs on the platform. However, all music packs are expected to be fully available within two hours of the update.
The Beat Saber v1.34.5 update is a testament to the developers’ commitment to refining the game and addressing the community’s feedback. By focusing on bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements, the update ensures that players can continue to enjoy slicing through beats without technical hiccups.
Here you can find other recent Beat Saber VR updates.
Check for Beat Saber alternatives here.