- Top 3 Best VR Sword Fighting Games for Oculus Quest 2 - November 28, 2020
- Top 10 Best VR Games for Oculus Quest2 - November 22, 2020
- Top 10 Scariest VR Horror Games for Oculus Quest 2 - November 15, 2020
Alright folks. There’s been a lot of talk lately about the entry costs for VR being the thing standing in the way of a global adaptation of the technology. We know there’s some truth to that, since every single high-end headset goes for several hundred dollars strong, and the PC needed to make the whole thing work, often is very costly.
Since that the case, we thought we would do you the favour of digging through Amazon and find the finest pre-made rigs out there that won’t have you dip too deep into your savings (or the kid’s college fund!) Full disclosure though – these are affiliate links, and if we help you pick out an awesome build for your VR setup, you in return help us keep the lights on here at the site
With that out of the way, here’s our picks of the very best VR-ready computers you can find out there that are pre-built and ready to go. Our favourite pick is coming up last, so make sure to give the list a complete and thorough scan!
ASUS GR8 II-T044Z
First up is the VR ready ASUS ROG GR8 II gaming mini-PC. It features an Inte Core i5 processor as well as a whopping GeForce GTX 1060 so that your gaming and content experiences can be pretty damn compelling as you explore every nook and cranny of what this exciting immersive revolution has to offer for early adopters like yourself. Enjoy a powerful but compact machine that won’t break your bank either.
It runs VR flawlessly and all in all, was a great purchase.
- GR8 II-T044Z mini PC gaming desktop with Windows 10 features a 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7400 processor with 8GB DDR4 memory, 802.11ac Wifi and 1TB HDD for full desktop power from a console sized system
- NVIDIA VR Ready with customized ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 graphics for unstoppable HD gaming and 4K streaming
HP Pavilion Premium Gaming Desktop
The HP Pavilion Premium Gaming Desktop is a neat, VR-ready machine that (as the only item on today’s list) comes out of the box with a keyboard and a mouse. When you open it up you’ll see that it also happen to pack a GeForce GTX 1060 and 1TB’s hard drive. It’s not just for gaming though – the rig can handle pretty much any application you throw at it, whether you dabble in video editing on the side, or happen to be the kind of person who never closes a browser tab.
Great pc for those starting off to the VR . It’s a can do machine.
- Intel Core i5-7400 (3.0 GHz base frequency, up to 3.5 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB SmartCache, 4 cores), 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM , 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
- Descrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3 GB dedicated graphics, Latest gaming technologies, VR ready, Maximum Digitial Resolution: 7680x4320@60Hz, Standard display connectors: DP 1.43, HDMI 2.0b, Dual Link-DVI)
HP OMEN Gaming
Next up is the HP Omen, which seems like it was built to work with immersive technology. Strapping a GeForce CTX 1060 GPU there’s not a lot of titles in VR that’s going to give you trouble. Whether you want to go with the Oculus Rift, or you’re shopping for the powerhouse HTC Vive, the HP Omen should help you get off to a great start.
I purchased this computer 16 days ago so i could use the oculus rift. This computer runs it very well.
- HP OMEN 870-224 7th gen
- 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Ultra GUA4300A
Wrapping up today’s list we’ll be taking a look at the Gamer Ultra rig from CyberpowerPC which is let out of the gate with an AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB. The series is not only VR-compatible but multi-monitor compatible as well. As an added bonus, the series look incredibly slick and brings twice the amount of hard drive space as any other tower on today’s list.
Great system. It came ready to just plug and play. RX480 VR ready for under a grand? I’m set
- System: AMD fx-8320 3.5GHz octa-core | AMD 760 chipset | 16GB DDR3 | 2TB HDD | genuine Windows 10 home 64-bit
- Graphics: AMD Radeon rx 480 4GB video card | VR ready | 1x HDMI | 1x DVI | 1x Display
CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme Editorial Pick
The Intel CPU and powerful GPU that fuels this beast of a rig provides this beast of a beginner’s VR rig with everything it needs to run your content. Whether you’re going for a stroll in The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, or you fancy yourself some good old VR-based horror, this thing won’t let you down. The rig has plenty of space and comes out-of-the-box with an AMD Radeon RX 500 series graphic card. You won’t experience lag with this Roll’s Royce of less-than-1k VR towers, and on a case-by-case comparison, this is our #1 pick.
Whats good about this PC is it is very VR Ready, I havent had any problems playing any games with my HTC Vive. and I havent come across any games I absolutely cannot run which is great. Its runs some better than others but none the less it still does its job.
- System: Intel Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6 Core : Intel B360 Chipset, 8GB DDR4, 1TB HDD: Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB Video Card, 1x DVI, 1x HDMI, 2x DisplayPort
Summary: Top 5 Best VR-Ready PC’s for Less Than $1000
That’s it. If you want to get started with virtual reality but can’t afford to dip into your savings or the kid’s college fund in order to do so, you will likely find what you’re looking for in the list above. If you happen to stumble over another pre-built rig that outshines something on today’s list, please feel free to reach out. We intend for this to be a key reference point of the very best budget-oriented setups out there